View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #28
S Won OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
All dressed up and no place to go!

Well, I don't have any big trips planned or anything like that. I mostly just ride the bike locally here in the West Virginia twisties. This is one of the best riding areas on the East Coast. People ride from all over to come to West Virginia to ride. It's just outside my door so, I'm already here. I would like to take it up the ALCAN Hwy, one of these days before I get too old. The 950 is great for commuting which is what I usually do with it. I live on a 1.1 mile dirt road, so I needed something with more dirt capability. The road was beating the living crap out of my other bikes, mostly Buells. The 950 is much better for this type of riding and it doesn't look bad dirty, which it is most of the time. All I did with the Buells is clean them.

On May 18th, I'll be meeting up with a couple of AdvRiders from Indiana. I'm going to show them some of the sites here in WV. We plan to hit Spruce Knob, Seneca Rocks and Smoke Hole. After that we'll hit the twisties up Rt.50 through Cool Springs, WV. Me and a few buddies are also planning the 1st Annual Six State Border to Border Run sometime in May or June. We'll leave at dawn and hit all 5 states bordering WV and then hopefully make it back from where we started before dark. Some say it can't be done. Nobody has ever tried! I'm also planning a trip to Niagra Falls sometime this year.

So, as you can see, I have nothing like a big trip to Baja planned but being on the East Coast limits the possibilities of Baja. At least for me!

S Won
S Won is offline   Reply With Quote