View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
pitbull doug OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
06 ADV 1st Wrenching Nightmare

Well just got my 06 adv last week happy as can be,until I thought Id try changing the main jet.Ive read many threads on this topic thought it would be pretty easy,wrong!Ive changed jets etc on my 525mxc and my 300exc no brainer.I knew from threads it was a little pain in the ass,but what a nightmare.Can anyone refer me to a specific thread on the best way to access the bst40.I took back airboot to airbox out still couldnt get that SOB free so than loosened the sub frame to access better,had to take my pipe off etc to pivot subframe.Got to be a easier way?.Now Im having a problem returning subframe to mainframe by the top two bolts where the rubber tank pads are which one ripped to add to my misery.The problem is the two flanges on sub frame should seat to the outside of flanges on main frame,but the flange on the right is butting in line with the one on the main frame making not possible to go back to proper position.Any tricks getting that subframe flanges spreading them to return over mainframe flange?.In theory it should just pivot right back!Any help would be great.
Thanks Doug
00 300exc
03 525mxc
06 640 adv
pitbull doug is offline   Reply With Quote