View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
njyang OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Ok, here's some pixs for the installation.

All the nutz & bolts, and MHL to round off the edges

Mounting points at the headlight assemble for the front cross bar, replace the factory nutz & bolts with longer M8 bolts.

Front cross bar mounted, tabs at each end are the upper mounting points for the left and right bars.

These two show another crossbar connecting the left bar to the right through that window between the radiator and airbox. A cover behind the fan on the left side has to be removed by taking off the left gas tank, the inner screw will come out, just be pationed and use the T and socket set from the KTM tool kit, push this hose connected to the airbox partly out of the way, and shine a flashlight to that inner dark spot, and you are good to proceed carefully. The fan cover has to be trimmed according to this instruction/template included with the crashbars.

The bottom of both bars are mounting at the bottom bolts of the gas tanks, replace with included longer bolts.

While losse fitted all the nutz & bolts, I noticed this clearance issue. After tiening different bolts in dfferent orders, the solution was to snug up the bolts at the front bars first, then all bolts on the right side, I found thiis will give me more clearance for the left side. When done, there is still less than a 1/4" gap at that spot. But I think this system is very rigid and will maintain the gap at any "easy and normal" spills
njyang is offline   Reply With Quote