View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #59
metaljockey OP
Dodgy SOB

Oddometer: 279
Day 7.

We meet the owner of Camp Syncro, Koos. It turns out to be one of those rare people that has actually spent some time thinking about life. It was an absolute treat to have long discussions about all kinds of topics with him.

Even though we had a rest day only the day before we decide to have another one. The Marienfluss is a really remote area. Even with the extra 10l of fuel we each carried, we could not make it to the next fuel stop. Hennie had arranged with Koos some months before to stock up on fuel for us. It meant a 4 day round trip for Koos to fetch the fuel. And he knows the route by heart. He charged us a 50% mark up, fair enough.

We spent most of the day just lying in the shade solving all the world's problems and philosaphizing.. phisolofising.. philosophzing,, phsolofi...... you know what I mean. We covered every topic under the sun, I was surprised to find that we were ad idem on many things. I don't normally get too many people agreeing with my sometimes 'different' views on several topics. It was such a laid back day that no-one took any pics of our outing to swim in the river, the dead croc we found, the live crocs we passed while canoeing, the incredibly beautifull mountains on the Angolan side of the river or anything else for that matter.

The next morning before sunrise, just before we left, I tried to take some pics. Not much, but they do
to some extent convey the remoteness and solitude of the place. I won't pollute them with words, here they are:

There you go.

metaljockey screwed with this post 07-01-2006 at 10:47 PM
metaljockey is offline   Reply With Quote