View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #12
Cooltours OP
Rider of passion

Oddometer: 1,476

So it’s quick decided to proceed riding further east again. I’m pretty familiar with the corner around here, called the "Cote d’Azur". So I can resist easely the temptation to follow the coastline as it supposed to be more nice.

The one who’s doing that to oneself indeed, will be nothing but bitterly disappointed. This coast is probably more populated than the shores of the Hudson-River and catching one little glance of the Mediterranean sea is truly much more difficult than getting a date with Paris Hilton or being invited by GWB to discuss the national security-situation. In fact; deciding to follow the coastline in this area is nothing but a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. Time, which one truly can use way better on a later stage of this trip.

So I gratefully accept the kind offer of the Autobahn again bringing me fast and safe more east, toward Ventimiglia, the City right at the western edge of Pizza-, Pasta-, Ferrari- and Dolcevita-Country.
For what ever reason at all, I decide for a turn north, after I checked out my map for a village which in my eyes looks most as it would offer me a place fort he night.
Unfortunately Pigna doesn’t fulfill my whish. Instead of a room to stay, there’s very nice camera-feed:

So there’s not much left than heading more north, all the way towards Molini di Triora. As it soon will be clear, the very most highlight of the day! 2nd, 3rd gear… for 1.5hrs or more…. all along forests and smooth hills…. That there are wild, untouched places like this right in the middle of Europe… I really am highly pleased about this finding! It feels like being transfered back in time.

Finally I’m finding myself in the only little Albergo that in the village of Molini di Triora is offering. Tired and, once more, happy and grateful for one brilliant day, some new findings and another experience I can share.

Cooltours screwed with this post 05-11-2014 at 01:11 PM
Cooltours is offline   Reply With Quote