1. Bike: 640 Enduro
2. Year: 2003
3. Bought used or new: New
4. Current mileage: 81 000 miles / 130 000 km
5. Modifications done: SXC can, airbox side vent, drilled slide, rejet, 18L tank, handguards, chain guide, homemade headlight/dash mount, windscreen, rad guards, luggage rails, carrier rack.
6. Mechanical work done: Servicing as per schedule (more or less), chains, sprockets, brake pads, wheel bearings, Countershaft seal x 2, resealed cam cover. Steering head bearings, suspension bearings, forks & shock have been serviced a few times.
08 Update: 50 000km. Replaced worn out starter clutch, Preventive maintenance done - replaced cam follower rollers, cam bearings, waterpump seal, shaft & bearing, timing chain, head gasket, crank oil feed seal, all wheel bearings, had forks & shock serviced.
09 Update: 80 000km. Repaired & strengthened cracked tool tube mount on subframe. Got forks serviced again. Rebuilt the carb with new slide & guide, needle & jet etc.
10 Update: 95 000km. Major rebuild. Main worn out parts were conrod big end bearing, piston/rings, camshaft, water pump, valves. See thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633753
14 Update: 130 000km. No major mechanical issues since rebuild, just normal maintenance plus serviced carb again a while back & fitted a new rear brake caliper.
8. Current tires on the bike: Dunlop D605 front, Mitas E0-7 rear. Shown in pic is 'dirty' set, Pirelli MT21 front & Motoz Tractionator Desert HT rear
9. Percentage of road versus dirt use: 80:20
10. Would you buy another one?: Yep.
11. Did you replace the main shaft bearing (if applicable): '03 not applicable
12. Pic of the bike if available: