View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 03:01 AM   #4
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 881
800 mi day

From P. George to Vancouver, WA. I hate those long runs but sometimes you gotta do it. We got a flight for Gina to CA from Portland the next morning and I will ride the bike down and meet up with everyone.

Frasier Canyon BC was awesome and the weather cooperated for a long ride. 20 miles from out goal (Gina's sister's place in Vancouver) we hit grid lock on I-5 at 11PM. We finally made our goal in 16 hours, including stops at several Tim Horton's on the way. Gotta love the coffee! (and doughnuts).

I will toss Gina on a plane in the morning and head out on the road solo to meet up with my bride in Southern CA. Lonely days aheab but I love getting reaquainted!

Oh, yeah - we met a guy on the Cassiar who said he met 5 Pterodactyl's several years ago at a rally and remembered Griz and his "painted" bike. Them Ptero SOB's sure get around!

Anyway, I am three beer's into it, tired and need some rest. We'll drop some more 'scribe later... Thanks for the push on doing the thread, MotoMamma, and we live your motto. We have been thinking about you and Hacky and we are glad you are finally on the road!

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote