Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #7
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,261
ARE tubeless tires easier to repair???

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedandbikeless
Woody,

I'd like your opinion on sealing spoke wheels, specifically on an F650 Dakar, so that they can use tubeless tires. Is this process reliable and durable? How often does the sealant need to be reapplied? Would you recomend it? I did see that you offer the service on your website. My major motivation for this is that tubeless tires are MUCH easier to repair inh the field than tube types. I don't relish the idea of having to remove and replace a Dakar rear wheel in the middle of nowhere, especially without a centerstand.

Thank you for your time.
this topic has been hashed over numerous times just enter ''tubeless tires'' in the search engine,,,

tubeless tires can be as reliable as tubes,,,all these technologies are fallible,,depending on factors such as who installed the tube or sealant,,,errant tire irons,,,and what object/obstacle/incident caused you to get a flat

nail/thorn punctures are easy to seal with a plug,,,most everything else will require a tube ,,,preferably a heavy/ultra duty tube to make a repair,,,,

we no longer offer sealing on 21'' front tires for dual sport use,,,'cuz the TKC-80 tubeless tire is too flimsy for plugging and has a spotty record when used by my customers

sealing your dakar's rear wheel should be no problem if your rim has a safety bead on it,,,,$99 parts n labor,,,w
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 02-26-2011 at 09:06 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote