View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #24
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,346
loosen em all,,n start over!!!

[quote=kellyk7]I have a CR80 that we just bought and the front wheel seems to be egg shapped, out of round but straight, and not dented and the spokes are in good shape all seem to be tight, to my untrained eye I am wondering if the previous owner may have adjusted the spokes wrong, is there a way to re set this wheel and see if it may be the spokes pulling it out of round, If I have to change the rim what is the method to insure the hub is properly centered in the rim and this does not happen again[/quot

that's the first step,,,the rim should be centered between the flanges,,,and ya have to end up with all the spokes doing the same amount of work,,ie the same torque spec

egged rims often occur when some spoke s are waayyyy tighter than the others,,,ya hit the wheel just right and BOING!!!ya have what ya got

ya can always send em to us or another person who specializes in these repairs,,we always give ya an analysis and several options to improve what ya have,,,1-2 day turn around,,usually!!!

good luck and holler if we can help,,,woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote