Well it starts like this . . .
I bought this 1997 640 Rallye with the intention of converting it to electric start, running the 660 Rallye crank, 80mm stroke. This is finished now and runs like a train. I had a charging problems but it appears to be fixed.
I was talking to the previous owner of the 640 and he had a 99 660 in bits he was going to sell. Actually he had a 1999 and a 2000 model 660 Rallye. The 99 frame was easily registerable in OZ (Compliance Plate) The 2000 frame wasnt. So he swapped the 99 frame and bolted his 2000 bits to it and he had this left over. He had the '99 head flowed and his Carbie oval bored and he wanted to keep them, so it was a 2000 model Frame, head and carbie with 99 everything else. I ask for 1st option on it . . .
A deal was struck, where I would pay him once I sold the 640 Rallye, and I loaded the parts into my Discovery for the LONG trip home. 1500km's each way.
I promised myself I would touch the 99 until I had sold the 640 Rallye, then buy the necessary parts, bearings Valves ect. So it sat in my garage for a number of months untouched. . . I ended up selling my R80G/s and then paid for the 660
Still trying to sell the 640
I moved it over to a good freinds workshop last week and I need to find out just what I have, and what I will need.
So its Dry assembly time . . .
Had a snapped off bolt in the bottom triple clamp, one of the 4 that hold the front guard on . . . its amazing how much time you loose on little things. About an hour later and it was out . . . .
This will be a long project as I get about 3 hours a week on it.