Thread: Renting Alaska
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #12
Stranded in Iowa OP
couch adv`r

Oddometer: 298
Day 6: 7/21/06

Has usual, I woke up and I showered, shaved, and packed the bike down.
I`m off to my final destination, Homer,AK. I wanted to spend my final weekend in Alaska on the Homer Spit. Again, I hauled butt and got to Homer has quickly has I could. It was Friday, and I wanted to make sure I got myself a choice campsite before the crowds got there for the weekend. I got my campsite right on the beach (city campgrounds) for $8.00 a day.
It was really nice.

I took a little nap after I set every thing up. It was only about 10:00 pm and I was off on a mission. I gotta get me some beer! The beer store on the spit was closed. Damn. So I went into Homer and went into the nearest convience store, I couldn`t find any beer. WHAT? Convience stores don`t sell beer in Alaska, double damn. Where the liqour store? Off I went. Liquor store is closed, triple damn. There`s another liquor store in town, I got the directions and I couldn`t for the life of me find the place? Quadruple damn, damn.
Damn, I`m in the best camping spot in the world and I have NO BEER! Dammit! There`s an old saying, improvise, overcome, adapt. So I did just that. Some people were having a party on the spit next to my campsite and I noticed that they have beer ! So, I decided to go introduce myself. Well, I finally got me some beers.

Thou shalt explore the outer limits of engine-braking, backfire, and hurl fireballs from thy tailpipe.

Renting Alaska: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155041

Stranded in Iowa screwed with this post 07-29-2006 at 10:35 PM
Stranded in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote