View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #45
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
True story .... years ago, I used to do the Mojave Trail yearly - sometimes twice a year. I've done that trip on the motorcycle, a Land Rover Discovery and a Land Rover Series III.

One year, my buddy and I had a couple of Brazilian cuties with us. I married one of the cuties btw. This is about a 2.5 days trip w/ 2 nights on the trail and due to the women, we decided to rig up a shower that was fastened to the top of my roof rack on one side of the truck.

The girls knew we'd have a shower and ... a shower curtain. We got them busy doing something else while we rigged up the shower. The frame for the curtain was a simple pvc frame - nothing fancy. The bottom of the shower was the lid from a container. The shower curtain was clear, see-through plastic.

We got it set up, got our chairs set up facing it and then called them around to see our creation. You should have seen their faces when they saw the clear shower curtain.

Of course, we did swap it for one that wasn't see-through but the look on their face was worth every penny for the extra curtain.
Now that's a great story! Thanks.

About the wheel. I ground down some of the bead holder (~8") and will be testing it out shortly. I will post with the results. Once I have the bead broken, the tire is just like any other tire.

Nate
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote