View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
ldbandit76 OP
Life is good.

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by license2ill
Thanks LD, you are the man.
Nope. You're the one who looked up all the standards, argued ad nauseam about the numbers, and actually found the piece. I just spent the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by license2ill
So, how are you planning on wearing this piece? Over or under your Darien? Strictly for off-road activity? Is it hotter than other mc-specific equipment? Does it restrict motion or get in the way at all? HOw about on the shoulders, could you get into more of a tuck at all while wearing it?
I've had the vest two days. I have not ridden in it yet. So I can't give that kind of a review yet.

The plan is that it'll be mostly for off-road stuff. I fall down a lot more (a whole lot more) when I'm in the dirt, so protection is a bigger issue there. If it fits properly, I may use the Esprit to replace my old Knox back protector for track days and such. I'll have to see how it works with my leather and/or kevlar jackets.

I consider the vest overkill for street riding, too much stuff to put on and take off, since I need a jacket over it anyway. It'd work under the Darien, I'm sure. I'm just not going to do that.

I'll be spending several days in it at the end of the month. I'll follow up.

Dave
ldbandit76 is offline   Reply With Quote