View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
jimmy2020 OP
limpiador de ventanas

Oddometer: 975
a better tire change solution. (KTM 950)

It can be a little pricey, but worth every $ to me. SOLUTION - Have WOODY'S build you a new set of wheels. I was always a little nervous of getting a flat in the middle of nowhere. Previously, I tried changing my front tire in my garage. Did it, but seemed very difficult under ideal conditions. I had read on this forum that the rear was worse.
Well, I dedcided to have WOODY's build me a new set of wheels using the stock hubs, super lace spokes, and sun rims. I also had them mill the bead to help make the tire change easier.
The payoff - this past weekend I had 2 REAR flats on the trail. I could not believe how easy it was to change the tube. Breaking the bead was simply done by putting my boot on it and stomping down.
If you want to ride with the confidence that a flat is not a big deal, then I suggest calling WOODY'S. This new setup is also MUCH stronger than the stock rim and spokes.
Cost was around $850. Worth it in the long run to me and the customer servive by Woody and Chris was fantastic.
Jim

"the adrenaline and stress of an adventure are better than a thousand peaceful days"
jimmy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote