Originally Posted by Nillbymouth
By this time I'd run out of WD40 so tried Washing Up liquid instead. Using sidestand, POP!, immediately broke the bead, easily. I guess washing up liquid is much more slippery.
I know Washing Up liquid is not the best of things for alloy but this is for emergencies only and will, hopefully, only be used once every few years.
I know that folks have had varying experiences with breaking the bead, but I found that RuGlide tire lubricant (purchased from Napa stores)enabled me to break the bead using a Bead Popper (i.e. plastic chisel) & a couple of whacks with a hammer. After removing the valve stem, I gently pryed the edge of the tire from the rim & brushed RuGlyde into the gap. I did this all around the rim. Maybe I just have good Karma, but breaking the bead was simple.