View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
nyc_gs OP
Lurker

Oddometer: 241
Smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Ah, so you were on top of this. I am not sure what version of the CS bolt/washer your model year has; sounds like the older one that folks talk about so I am surprised to hear it is on your almost new bike.
Not sure...I have tried to find a photo of what it looks like but have not yet found one. Perhaps I'll go take a photo of it tonight and post it. The bike is an '06 that I purchased new about 4 weeks ago.

Quote:
That said, why do you have to REPLACE the sprocket after only 600 miles?!? I could imagine you might want to exchange for a different tooth count - but is the stock CS sprocket already fried? If you are only exchanging the sprocket then I would expect you to be able to reuse the bolt/spring washer combo (w/loctite) for a spell, but I have no idea about the tabbed washer.
I'm just replacing the 16t sprocket with a 15t sprocket. :)

Quote:
BTW, did you see the loctite thread in the index?
I found a few about loctite...but I'll go and check the index again.

Quote:
You can still do the drivetrain work, just have the dealer order the parts for you. Speaking of which, you don't want to do the valve adjustment/oil change/general inspection? It is challenging, but not impossible for those with decent mechanical aptitude and wrench experience.
The biggest challenge for me is that I live in NYC. It's a bit hard to pull all that stuff apart in the basement of the garage I'm in. :(

Plus...doesn't KTM void your warranty if you do this stuff yourself during the warranty period? I thought I read something about that in my manual.

-- Jason
nyc_gs is offline   Reply With Quote