View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
dwayne OP
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,206
Rum Runners Run North

So last year about this time my buddy 650freak goes to the high artic for work. He’s a dam engineer, don’t confuse that for a damn engineer, although I’m sure there are times when he gets called that. Anyway when ‘freak gets back he shows me some pictures of what the incredible reds the tundra flora turn in the fall, and being a colour junkie I ask “when are we going?”

Well that leads to this and before you know it dwayne (me), 650freak, and Bejebus have booked two weeks off starting at the end August. Very roughly the itinerary is; trailer to Fort Nelson, ride to Dawson City YK via the Dempster Highway, Top of the World to Tok, to Fairbanks, by Denali through Anchorage, Whitehorse and back home.

Even with almost a year of planning and dreaming there are still last moment details to take care of,

We elected to trailer from Calgary to Fort Nelson BC because it would hopefully save us a tire change and give us two or three more days riding in the north rather than “commuting” through less interesting scenery so we load the bikes,

650freak says goodbye to ‘freak family and Bejubus says goodbye to MicBane and were off!

The guys watch some West Wing while I drive

Say a quick hello to the Peace River

and soon we know we are on our way to exploring new territory...

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"

dwayne screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 06:46 PM
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote