View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #12
wickerman777 OP
Canyon fodder

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddlejumper
I'll be all . I have an '04 GS500F but have been considering the XT for commuter purposes. Also looking at the KLR. The GS is a nice bike but the ergos are not real comfortable for me.(my knees don't like to bend like they did 20 years ago.
My commute is 16 miles one way, 10 of it on the freeway. Posted speed of 65MPH. Actual speed of most vehicles is 70. I will be waiting to see if I get any answers to the capability of this bike to do what I need.
Be Safe.
Well after drilling out the rest of the baffle the comfortable top speed went from around 55-60 mph to around 60-65 mph though I did get it up to 75-80 (Not something I would want to do for extended periods though). It still needs to breathe a bit more though as it is still bogging at full throttle a bit. The air filter and filter plugs will take care of that though.

It is also nice to know that both big gun and yosh make full system pipes for the ttr225 which will fit this bike if I ever decide to go that route. With a full system I could probably get away with a small bore flatslide as well
wickerman777 is offline   Reply With Quote