View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,914
My Winter Project (I must be nuts)

Well after hanging with a lot of my friends in their local vintage bike club,
and stopping by the airhead rally in Tellico this year I decided it was time to find something old to spend some time and money on.

I found this.

I'm not sure if it was a smart thing to do because this bike is ROUGH.
It started life as a 1982 R100RT. It was sold locally, and serviced by the dealer for a good part of it's life. Somewhere something happened and it just wasn't loved anymore. It almost looks like it sat in a barn for a bit. It did not have any of the fairing but it did have the bags. I probably wouldn't have re-used the fairing anyway. (I'm thinking S or CS for a finished bike.)
The bike was advertised locally so I first got some pics and made arrangements to go look at it. The pics didn't do it justice, it looked a lot worse in person. It did run and I rode it around the block so I bought it at what I think is a fair price.

As of a couple of weeks ago I am here.

On wednesday I had a bare frame, wheels, and a box of various brackets and mounts. I dropped all of it off at the powdercoaters for a fresh coat.
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.

Cogswell screwed with this post 03-06-2011 at 10:26 AM
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote