View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #61
DragonRider1
East TN Adventurer!

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC
Checked out a new XT225 today at a dealer, it was a 2007. Look to be a well put together motorcycle. Almost couldn't believe it, they have grease fittings on the swing arm bearings & shock linkages. And there are dust covers over the break & clutch pivots. You don't find that on most of the expensive bikes! The list price was shown as $4199. Any of you all that have bought new XT225s in'06 or '07s what was the out the door price you had to pay? I know that they are not an expensive bike & the dealers don't have a big profit margin, but figure that I should be able to get a little bit off. I would like to find a left over '06 that has been marked down, but that may not be possible.
PeteC
Any particular reason it has to be new? I just bought my wife an immacultae '01 with 3,600 miles on it (only thing they changed was the color). Aside from some mild marks where the shorter statured lady before us tapped it with her foot while getting on and off, there wasn't a mark on it. Those few foot marks took less than 3mins to get out. I was at a gas station on the way home with it and 3 people thought it was brand new! Price? $1,700. The ONLY thing it needs is a new set of tires as she rode it strictly on the highway and evidently a little but under on tire pressure. Figure savings against retail, savings against taxes,, and not having to pay any stupid 'setup fee's (which are reimbursed by the manufacturer anyhow hence many places not charging them), we came away with a fantastic deal! There are a few others out there like that to be had.
Attached Images

DragonRider1 is offline   Reply With Quote