View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #9
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,139
Project Update

Well as time goes by things are progressing. This is the slowest part of the process I'm in now. Most everything has been disassembled with major parts having gone to powdercoat and some returned already.

Swingarm ready for driveshaft installation. I need to borrow my friends press again for this.

Some pictures of the finished frame and forks installed. The frame and most brackets are done in a satin finish. The fork lowers and a few other things are done in a gloss finish.
I still have some minor things to disassemble and have powdercoated like master cylinders for the brakes and handlebar switchgear/throttle housing.
The brake calipers are getting coated now and last I checked the coating for the wheel had not made it in yet. I expect the wheels to be done any time now. It would be nice to have a roller to move around in a crowded garage.
Other things in process are engine disassembly and evaluation.

Cylinder heads, valve seats and faces have typical wear for a 50K mi motor and will need to be reconditioned. Cylinder wear looks negligible and I will probably just hone and go with it as is.
Clutch is worn in last pic and will be replaced.
Some time being scheduled for machine work. Lots of web surfing for pieces and parts,(love the on-line micro fiche). I also have a ways to go in cleaning up major components like the final drive and transmission.

I have plenty to keep me busy for a while. Hope everyone has a Merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.

Cogswell screwed with this post 03-06-2011 at 11:31 AM
Cogswell is online now   Reply With Quote