View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #86
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,346
let's seperate the wheat from the chafe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Woody,
To be brief my front wheel hops at around 45mph. Two variable: my brother was jumping the bike neglecting to lower the pressure from around 30psi, the knobby has started to wear after some hard twisties. What is more likely the problem, the rim or the tire?
Part 2 of my inquiry: Bike is a Husqvarna TE-610 with Takasago rims. After I resolve the Hopping issue I hipe to invest in SM wheelset so I don't waist my knobbies, what route would you suggest and can a cush hub be included? I have seen others upgrade to Talon Hubs with Excel Rims but am unsure if the Talon is a Cushdrive...Any info greatly appreciated Woody,

Dan
dan,,first thing i'd check is the front wheel for true,,,that's the frist culprit usually

raise bike on stand,,spin front wheel,,it shouldn't hop or wobble

check if front rim is bent,,ya can't miss seeing that

check to see if all your spokes are ringing the same,,,ie tap each spoke with a screwdriver

then tell me what ya find,,most good mechanics can tighten up a few loose spokes and get your wheel sort a true,,,

BTW,,lowering your air pressure would just have aggravated your problem,,

regarding the upgrades on your sm project,,,highly advisable to go with cush drive,,would need your complete rear wheel assembly like i mentioned in the above posts,,,and then we'll see about adapting something that will work
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 12-23-2006 at 06:19 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote