View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #66
WestRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
That's a tough one...

There are a couple of other sites you might be able to catch some info on your bike like www.xlintperformance.com for some compatible parts and http://xlboard.aimoo.com/ for general information. I picked up a BSM replacement exhaust (slip-on) to fit my existing header...I've seen a few headers for sale on eBay without the muffler as that's what rusts out first. My muffler is completely shot...that's why I bought the BSM. I picked it up online from David Silver Spares in England...they shipped it to me in Utah...got it in 4 days!

As for the other stuff...I've found most of my parts on eBay...be patient. There seems to be someone parting one out at least once per month. I've managed to find shocks, speedometer, headlight bucket, turn signals, perch and controls, and some misc stuff from eBay. Look for XL500s from '79 through '81...don't know of anything else that fits the "s" model.

Good Luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev.
Does anyone one what other model header pipe will fit this xl500s? And also does anyone know where I can get some side covers and a front sprocket cover?
2005 TW200...wife's bike
1977 CT90...an original adventure bike
WestRider is offline   Reply With Quote