View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #49
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,151
Friday freeway loop ride

This is a single track that closely parallels the I-10 freeway. If you like technical, sandy, rocky single track; you'll like this ride. Unless you're God on two wheels, anything larger/heavier than an XR650 is too big. An XR650 is too big for me as most riders can plan on picking up their bike at least once and probably more times.

For those that want to do this ride, let's meet at the Chevron on Dillon Road just north of I-10 at noon. I'll work on a spot to park the vehicles. If I'm the weak link, we can finish the loop in under 3 hours - the total distance is just under 30 miles. If time starts running out, there are several bailouts leading to high speed power line roads so we can finish by a certain time. From where we park to Gearhart's place is probably about 1 hour driving time. How's that sound to everyone?

A couple photos to whet your appetite

That's a photo of me missing a shift at the worst possible moment on one of the short technical climbs typical of this loop.

Below is perhaps the hardest technical move of the ride near the easternmost end of the loop

Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote