View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
Will LC8
I stubbed my toe

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco Kid
Where is the nearest ATK dealer for you? I was thinking about buying one a few years ago, but the dealer locator on the ATK website didn't list a single dealer for Texas. I lost interest at that point.
Not having a dealer near you is no big deal. Ron Woods is a great source of parts for the motor. As a matter of fact they were the single most knowledgable parts dept I have ever dealt with for any thing. And ATK will sell parts directly to you over the phone or web if there is no dealer near you. I bought an ragged ATK that is on it way back up and the only down falls I see as far as parts are the tank, frame and swing arm. If you toast one of those you may have issues getting a replacement. As far as the rest of the bike there are no issues for parts. Many things have a generic replacement or a KTM part crossover. Fuel range is a problem and the tank design is not the greatest as it leaves a good amount in the opposite side of the tank from the petcock so you have to tip the bike.

Once I get my bike back together I hold hopes that it will be a good offroad adventure machine. At this point I will have a Renazco Racing seat and custom valved suspension for less than the price of a used LC4.

http://abuddyforlife.org/
Will LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote