View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #23
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo
Ian and Pantah,
The cost of renting can vary wildly depending on who you talk to. Tim's quote of around $8k is a bit more than we paid in '04, but I am sure his expenses have risen commensurately. I remember thinking that the service Tim provided was a relative bargain compared to other motorsports I've rented in. I am sure you can pay less than what Tim is quoting, but I know from personal experience that he is providing tremendous value for the dollar. I am planning on doing the SCORE series again when I turn 50 in a few years. I will certainly be using Tim to put the effort together if he'll have me. If you're serious about putting something together, I recommend you call him and talk on the phone. I think you'll agree that he's a straight shooter with allot to offer a prospective Baja team. I'd be glad to talk on the phone or via PM to give more personalized detail.

Regards,
Wardo

Thanks Wardo - I re-read Jim's post. It looks like $8k covers a pre-run bike too. Add in the $2k or so per person to get there,lodge and entry fee. Not so bad for a one-time shot. I'll call if the notion gets any legs. -P
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote