View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #33
Cogswell OP
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,750
Project Update.

Well I'll revive this from a lonely page 4 with a progress update. I have all the parts back from powdercoat along with the redone frame. The guy did a super job masking things off and plugging threaded holes. For anyone in or around the east Tn area I can recommend Smith's Customs in Louisville.
Lots of time is being spent on time consuming projects like the brakes.

BMW/Brembo has a really nice kit for the calipers. All the new rubber pieces are included along with new bolts. The pistons are a composite material so they cleaned up fine.

Above is the rear caliper, the fronts have the same internals and they all run the same size pad. I'm having to spend some time sorting through the brake line upgrade to stainless braided. While mounting the front wheel and calipers I noticed a clearance issue. When I got the bike the right front rotor was toast and the caliper rubber was melted. It appears the front rotor shims are not installed/were lost at some time in the past. I'll get some of those on the way with the next parts procurement.

I had all the small bits on the handlebars powder coated as well as the front master cylinder.

I did get the frame set up with the front end on it and started to route the wiring harness, thank Dog for high quality digital pictures !

I really dig the color on the wheels, it shows a bit better in these pictures than in previous ones.

The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.

Cogswell screwed with this post 03-06-2011 at 10:42 AM
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote