View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #60
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS Canada
Nice work Ged. I have to ask what WATGATT means ? I have to assume it deals with speed, style or grace but maybe you could enlighten me. I'm looking forward to whats yet to come. The cast of characters steps up a level shortly. Craft your story well Yoda, may the you be with the force...
Darren,

"Wear All The Gear All The Time".....code talk, eh?! ....meaning full of style, grace, and .......

As you can see from some of our story here, I have jumbled a few of the days up.....your recollection may be more accurate, but I know I am following the geographical progression....north to south....and south back up to the north....

Read on.....

San Jose del Cabo offers some good restaurants....one of our other "Best Meals" was in a restaurant "upstairs somewhere downtown"....my directional recollection was hampered by Darren pouring "BIG" rum and Pepsis all evening ...

and, when I was ready to fall asleep (8:00 pm or so), Darren announced we should walk the 5 blocks into town for dinner.

Well, I appeared to have agreed and we made our way....he later joked about my "stiff-legged walk as if I was leaning into a gale-force wind"...
a nice way to recognize my staggering....(which I later tried to at least partially attribute to my deteriorating knee cartilage problem...to not much avail).

On the way we passed a hot dog stand and I ordered two for us as Darren had not yet enjoyed the culinary treat of street-stand Mexican hot dogs...we inhaled them while sitting on a curb before heading towards the aforesaid upstairs restaurant where we had an exquisite filet mignon that could be cut with a fork.....a steak that almost made up for the Cowboy Steak Special in La Paz the week before....

San Jose was the turning point of this adventure....midway in terms of our month on the road and midway as it was the southern tip of the Baja....from here on in any riding or travelling was on the downhill side of the trip....

A well-rolled smoke from time-to-time makes any day a bit more enjoyable...imported is always better....

A good breakfast is always a treat...

The courtyard of the same place in San Jose....

and the detail....

A Mexican GSer from Chihuahua (currently living in Colorado) with his cousin from France...

The Super Pollo delivery guy with a chain slipped off the sprocket....

The other guy NOT WATGATT...

You add your own caption....:

Buzzard's Bar and Restaurant on East Cape Road after a beach day...

With some pretty birds...

....and a nice view...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged screwed with this post 02-01-2007 at 12:32 AM
motoged is offline   Reply With Quote