View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #62
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Hey....the boss said I could use work time to continue with this report....

like I need his permission...pheh

Well, there we were....at the turn-around point of the trip and some of the sweetest riding ahead of us...

Between beach days we took a route I first rode in '94 on the R80 G/S....about 9 kms or so north of the airport at San Jose is the Rancho Naranja Road and it goes up and over the Sierra de la Laguna mountains to the Pacific coast where it joins the #19 Highway just south of Todos Santos...the Carmel of Baja and the home of Hotel California which is so often mistakenly given credit for the Eagles tune of the same name (the song's title is a metaphor, folks....)....as well as a place with a wide selection of good taco joints.

An early enough departure and a blast up the highway to the turnoff brought us to a small welcoming committee....

With dogged determination they approached us like the Welcome Wagon...

but the dust in the distance was even more welcoming on this beautiful high speed avenue...

After a fast blast and a couple of corners, we settled into a most beautiful range of terrain that offered streams/rivers, ranchos, horses, a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, and killer vistas...

Darren's great cloud pic....

The winding road was a lot of fun to ride as we could catch glimpses of the route ahead and grand vistas of the canyons along the way...

The ride would take maybe just over an hour if one did not stop along the way, but we would pull over to take pics or just gawk at the terrain....before the Pacific presented its majesty to us...

Down on the flats a myriad of roads offer various ways to the highway....some get you there....some don't....

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged screwed with this post 01-31-2007 at 09:21 PM
motoged is offline   Reply With Quote