View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #67
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
Back in San jose and a stop at the tienda for some refreshments....and the kids outside on new Xmas presents...I want to change the look of my KTM to that guy's Batman motif...

The town was still enjoying the festive lights...

Our time in San Jose del Cabo was very enjoyable and gave us a good pointfrom which to start the return northwards....to more primo riding and adventure. We drove west toCabo San Lucas and, to my pleasure, DArren was not hard pressed to pass on scouting the town out....so we motored northwards and were hoping to make it to Loreto that night before dark.

Again, we were on #19 going north....and headed towards the sandy arroyo we had enjoyed a day or two earlier....Quadsand Gully....

It was Darren who noticed some unusual traffic going up that riverbed....
it is difficult to notice this traffic in this pic as it is mostly obscured by the bridge rail...

But it was apparent that someone was needing some serious assistance....otherwise this white truck with the red cross on it would not need to brave the perils of this deep sand...

It was maybe 10:00 am and already a quad rider was seriously injured...

We gabbed about our predictions as to what kind of injury required an ambulance out there....we thought that a broken arm or clavicle could be returned to base on another quad so it had to be a broken leg, spinal injury, or head injury......

ATGATT

We stopped in Todos Santos for an early lunch and found this place to serve excellent pork tacos....just a few steps away from Shut Up Franks...

The tacos were rather large, the meat was tender, and the condiments were varied....

After brunch....we beelined north...

We kept a steady pace until we got to La Paz....I pulled in to a Pemex and gassed up. While doing so, I was talking to the young gas jockey and, while covering the usual topics (re: bikes---how fast, how much, can you wheelie), the fellow responded to one of my queries about a particular shopping request and he reassured me that he knew where to get what I was looking for....so we looked a round for a while at a nearby figurine emporium to pass some time while the gas jockey did his thing...

And while this kind of stuff was NOT on our shopping list, it was a chance to look for some interesting photo "image" practice....a bit of a failue by the evidence provided here but , while it may not make YOUR eyes bug out...

...it does give you something you can almost sink your teeth into...

By the time we walked around this place and found a place to buy some oil for the truck....we completed our previous shopping request with the gas jockey, thanked him for his help and shared interests, and went on our way west outta town....

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is online now   Reply With Quote