Old 02-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
ERIC DN OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Sunday 22nd October : AlgecirasFes 260 Km :

Name:  etape 1.jpg
Views: 11165
Size:  48.1 KB
Wake up at 6 AM, the logistic is not on the top, we have nothing for breakfast, only two apples and two bananas in the car.
We leave at 8:30 PM to Algeciras port, we arrive at 9 PM, we book the tickets and we leave in the ferry at 9:45 PM, excellent organization
We arrive to Ceuta, we fill in the tank and we move towards the border. We change money before the customs, we didn’t make a good deal we didn’t know the right rate but anyway we are on the road.
At the customs a guy hassle us and want to help us for the formalities, we explain him we are able to do it by our-self.
In front of the control office a guy say to me “hello!, I know you, do you remember in Tunisia with JSO organization”. It is true I did a trip in south Tunisia with them, it was in 2002. They are in Morocco with a travel agency, the world is small.

All the formalities are done quickly, without to pay anything, I put the GPS in place and GO

We stop to Chefchaouen, where we would like to buy some things to eat, but it is Ramadan and all the stores are closed, we turn around in the city and find a cake shop, we buy two apples tarts and French “viennoiserie” It’ll be ok. On the exit of the town we arrive to the market, we complete our shopping with cans of sardines with olive oil, well known French cheese named “ vache qui rit “ ( laughing cow ) some bread everything for around 10 Dirham ( 1 € ). What feast. Picnic near from Chefchaouen with a beautiful landscape. I say to my friend ‘’ Hé Patrick, on est moulus, hein !!! ‘’. A personal expression, that means we are lucky.

At the village of Souk El Had, we take a road on the left towards Mokrisset where we expect to find the first track.
The track begins soon, we catch up a band of 8 Italians bikers, we pass them quickly to avoid the dust they let behind, we will meet them later in special circumstances. In fact the track is an old road which has been covered with ground and mud. This track is easy to ride and perfect for a beginning, even the loaded bikes are easy to drive, the landscape on the RifMountains are wonderful.
The trip begins very well.

ERIC DN screwed with this post 02-02-2007 at 03:38 PM
ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote