View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
ERIC DN OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Thirsday 26th October Zagora Mhamid 100 Km :

I have planed to have a day off in Zagora, but as we’re feeling good we decide to do the first part of the following stage, this means going to Mhamid, a hundred km and to go to the dunes named the Jew’s dunes, in order to test how are the loaded bikes in the sand before crossing over the erg of Chegaga.
Before this, mechanical workshop in the lobby, to fix the puncture, Patrick removes the tyre and I paste the repair patch on the tube, team working. There still are thorns inside the tyre, Patrick try to extract the most he can. “ it will be ok, you will see “ he said.
We go downtown to the Said’s garage to extract the baffle in the exhaust pipe with a drilling machine, Patrick buys a new tube. We change money in a bank, and we fill in the tanks in a station close to the bank, when I take my wallet I realize I lost my passport, great moment of loneliness ae … I run to the bank, closed, but the guy inside see me and go out to give me the passport , ouf.

Okay, now we can go. We find the track quickly, but less than 2 km and Patrick stops, “ I have a problem” he says, “ the clutch doesn’t work anymore, it is like if the cable has been broke but it’s not “
Ae the problem is inside the engine, he removes the clutch cover, all seems normal, but in fact a little part of an axle is broken, it is wedged between the fork and the casing, it is a less evil, that is better there that at the bottom of the engine.
Name:  CIMG0107.jpg
Views: 3806
Size:  109.3 KB

ERIC DN screwed with this post 02-02-2007 at 04:40 PM
ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote