View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #70
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
By now it is about January 6th and we are in Ciudad Constitucion....we are up before the sun ...

We start to reload the truck....the bikes are left cabled onto the truck when we are stopping for overnights "enroute", but we have been in the habit of lugging 5 large duffle bags with gear into rooms at night....and often the cooler and kitchen box...

We eventually developed a relatively good cooperative system of the "load...unload...load...unload" ritual...and by the end of the trip I was almost remembering which bag and stuff-sack held what....

nothing was open in town that I recall and we headed out....the sun rose and we were bee-lining it to Loreto....approaching the turn-off to Agua Verde in the early morning light, I was craning my neck to get my last look at the valleys below...an area that always looked inviting to ride...but not this time...

And almost before we knew it, we were winding through the switchbacks leading down towards Loreto....

the Sea of Cortez winking at us in the morning warmth...

Along the coastline, past the evergrowing developments (no longer a nudist resort

and offering the scourge of desert development....golfcourses...

Into the town of Loreto for breakfast (the WORST machaca of the trip), and some banking...

and pics...before getting back on the highway....

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote