View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #32
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve gs
Grew up on a pair of RD350's and a Kaw 400 triple myself, still have soft spot for the old strokers and the last generation as well, great bikes. Though dated by modern standards here's your GT 500's grandson, my Suzuki RGV250 (currently undergoing restoration about 1.5 years to go). Nothing wrong with 2 stroke MT bikes, check out Nigel Marx's words on topic www.horizonsunlimited.com. We have a KE100 that with a Wolfman Mini-Beta and a tankbag would be a fun MT rig though smaller than my DR200SE and would require frequent breaks for circulation restoration.
Oh, be still my beating heart. I've always wanted something like that RGV. A guy in my town had an NSR250 and I fell in love. I had an RD350 for a while, and it was way faster than the Suzy 500, at least if felt like it was! But being realistic, I'll probably end up getting either the baby Ninja, or an XT225/DR200.

I need to look into the differences between the XT and the DR. I see the XT has a six speed while the DR has five. Anybody ever ridden both to give us a good comparison?
lagcam is offline   Reply With Quote