View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #39
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 97,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcam
Oh, be still my beating heart. I've always wanted something like that RGV. A guy in my town had an NSR250 and I fell in love. I had an RD350 for a while, and it was way faster than the Suzy 500, at least if felt like it was! But being realistic, I'll probably end up getting either the baby Ninja, or an XT225/DR200.

I need to look into the differences between the XT and the DR. I see the XT has a six speed while the DR has five. Anybody ever ridden both to give us a good comparison?
I've ridden both bikes extensively. I think the XT225 is a slightly better bike because of the bigger engine and 6th gear. On the other hand, the gas tank is much larger on the DR200, so its range is phenomenal. Both bikes have been extremely reliable.

I actually own a DR200. My brother has the XT225. I am not considering an XT225 because the differences between the two bikes are just too small to matter. I've got five bikes out in the garage, and most often, the DR200 is the one I grab to zip somewhere.

I think I get more smiles to the gallon on the DR200 than any other bike I've ever owned. You end up doing things like dragging it under partially fallen trees, zipping down sidewalks, hopping railway tracks, etc.

Klay screwed with this post 02-05-2007 at 10:10 PM
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote