Thread: Tiny RTW Bike?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
EarthQuaker OP
EarthQuaker

Oddometer: 32
Xt225

If that is the bike called the Serrow, it is the first offroad bike I ever road off road, and it changed me as a rider forever. I had a big BMW roadburner--1979 R100RS--fully faired, many aftermarket mods including a 9-gallon Heinrich gas tank and Staintune conti replical pipes as well as dual plugged heads, steel braided brake lines, aftermarket suspension, etc. With those narrow handlebars it was a handful going up three miles of dirt road to a friends house. We sat around for a while and he offered me aride on his crappy little dirt bike (to my eye). What a blast? The opposite of the big BM. I was bombing across this meadow when suddenly I saw a ditch in front of me at an oblique angle. I gassed it and flew over the thing like it wasn't there! I wanted a dual sport from then on, but nevergot one until a couple of months ago when I purchaed a DR650 (1992), the only motorcycle I have ever paid too much for. THe longer Ihave it the more it needs.

Anyway, it would be fitting for me to have an XT225. Can you get aftermarket tanks? What kind of mpg? Is the stock suspension crap?
-EarthQuaker
EarthQuaker is offline   Reply With Quote