View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #64
SIKLR250 OP
NYC

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve gs
Nearly 400lbs for a 250 is not the way for me though this may work for others. I prefer the 250-300lb window as my max unloaded, just the right amount for me and I really like the DR200SE's fuel capacity and range despite it's shortcomings.
I haven't looked at any new, smaller dual sports lately (not in the market) but I checked out the Suzuki DR650 at a show last year and found it to be really cheesy. The fit and finish were substandard in my eyes and the oil cooler was very exposed - an accident waiting to happen. Not impressed.

My ideal bike weight limit is also 300lb (KLR250 is ~260lb). I have friends who worry about riding lighter bikes on windy days (especially with cross winds), but it seems to me that having a lighter (more maneuverable?) bike is an asset in most situations. What do you guys think?

Other bike requirements for me are: screw/locknut valve adjusters and a kickstarter. I've never used an electric starter (I kick start my CB400T) as it just seems wrong - like a car with an automatic transmission or a boat with a motor. But that's just minimalist me...

SIKLR250 screwed with this post 02-09-2007 at 08:35 AM
SIKLR250 is offline   Reply With Quote