View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #10
rogerdodger OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Ok I must say my hats off to you guys who ride these trips for weeks. Ive only been away 3 days and I feel like my life has been turned upside down. I guess Im a creature of habit and riding a bike with your life packed up on it certainly isnt condusive to a daily habit.

I wasnt going to write a long report now, cause Im sitting in a public libary with wi fi access, but the road is calling and its already late.

One thing thats been a shock is that most of the state park camp sites have been fully booked for 11 months. Ive managed to find a nice little place on the beach at Flagler. The last two days I have had some routine and got my hour run first thing in the morning through the trails of the park...Still hoping to see that Bobcat that they say is there.

First night was in Brunswick GA in a little hippy commune. Its rather cool as you sleep in very well made, if not a little cold tree houses. We had a circle of thanks before dinner, which was almost totally prepared from things that they had grown in the gardens. I felt a little out of place with all the guys and their shaggy long beard's and the woman with equally long under arm hair.

This is the geodesic (sp?) dome that was the first structure built out here in the 70's.

rogerdodger screwed with this post 09-04-2007 at 07:36 AM
rogerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote