View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #77
Outwardbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 676
My wife's DR200SE arrives next Saturday. Since I have my KLR set up just like I want it, the DR becomes my winter project. First thing is off with the muff and carb and ship them to Keintech for mods. Next is gearing; but I have a question or two that maybe you can help me with....

1. Which sprocket to change ? Is a larger counter-sprocket (the one on the engine side) available thru Suzuki, or do I have to order it online ? Is it the same part number as that for the DRZ400 ? (or a unique DR200SE-only part) Is there a favored website that sells these things (I presume so...)

2. Once I chg the countersprocket, will I need to add links to the chain, or can the difference be adjusted out on the swingarm ?

3. Are stronger springs available ? My KLR was heinously undersprung, seemingly designed for a 120# rider. I changed front and rear, now it's perfect! My guess is that even at high degrees of preload the sag will be excessive.

4. Is there a Clymer manual available ? Even the Google search doesn't list one....

Thanks for the help. MinTourers are beginning to get the respect they deserve !

Coop

Outwardbound screwed with this post 02-10-2007 at 08:54 AM
Outwardbound is offline   Reply With Quote