View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #78
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
What's Cooking?

I got a kick out of the Pepsi can stove. It looks like it might put out a bit more heat than the old Sterno stove I pack in my kit. Been thinking about one of those JetBoil rigs, but I don't know if that much $$ is worth it for what I would use it for. My cook kit is a 40 yr old "Official BSA Mess Kit"
This has certainly been discussed on other threads, but how much "cooking" do most of you do when trekking about on your MT machine?
In New England it is hard to get too far from a diner or some sort of place to get food ; even when you are in some of the more "remote" camping areas. Most of what I and some riding partners have done have been simple campfire meals like hot dogs or tinfoil dinners over the fire. Usually not anything requiring a lot of preparation. About all I use a stove for is to brew a cup of joe or tea to have with a breakfast bar in the morning or heat up a can of beans or noodles if the weather prevents a fire at night. Otherwise most of my serious eating is out on the road or when we come out of the woods near some civilization.
Any Gourmet MT riders out there? Whatcha cooking on your travels?
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote