View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #65
leesbian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuugti
The Scotts/Ohlins steering dampner is a good one (I have one) or the GPR V2 each with a sub mount.

The 6.6 gal Acerbis tank...cheap at $250 US. Change the gearing and add the cush drive rear wheel, ala 640 adv. $650 US.

Some type of radiator protection.

The Wolfman luggage is better than the rack and a hell of alot cheaper. I used the small explorer. $150 US

Windscreen......yes a must for that distance......Make it the rally fairing.

GPS....hardwired just to be safe. eBay $150 US.

Buy tires along the way. Tire balls maybe an option instead of numerous tubes and crap.

Thinking out loud here.......Hell if I could take 6 mo off I'd be with you on mine.
I'm displaying my mechanical ignorance here... wtf is a cush drive? If I'm gonna need a replacement, is a Talon a good choice? lighter, stronger rim, replaceable spokes etc...?

I was under the impression that the wolfman luggage would go ontop of the rack? the rack ensures that the weight goes to the frame, and not your rear fender, right?

Already have a GPS, just need to get a TT mounting for it

I already thought of tireballs ;) I was gonna take the kit with me and change to the tireballs once the good roads ran out - I read that they're not happy above about 50mph... besides, by then I'll probably be ready to stick some more knobbly tyres on too.

LOL, If you wanna come, you got plenty of time to prepare for 6 months off - my RTW trip probably wont start till around April next year ;)
'00 Ducati 748 Biposto
'89 Honda Camino (The Adventure Moped)
leesbian is offline   Reply With Quote