View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #77
leesbian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
The cush hub from KTM is a mix...there are three different hubs, backing plates and spacer combinations for three different years on the LC4. The first one I tried (for the '06 LC4) had the sprocket and rotor alignment correct but was too wide by about 7 or 8mm to fit. Basically, the sprocket carrier stuck out of the hub by that distance. I am still working on this trying to get the right combination. When I do I will post the part numbers for the right combination to go on the RFS (or on my 250 EXC 2-stroke, for that matter).

This summer I am planning on following the Pony Express trail from St. Joseph, MO to Sacramento, CA. Some of the trail is fenced off but some of it can still be ridden. I hope to head up to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska on the Arctic Ocean after that.

Your RTW trip sounds great! Need a mechanic / photographer to go along?

Stu
Damn. I'm looking at a set of '03 LC4 wheels now... can't really try them before I buy though :-/

Your trip sounds cool too! when (and if...) I get to Alaska, I plan on going upto Prudhoe Bay and then doing the classic route down to Ushuaia.

Seriously - I am trying to put together a group of 6 people to go, if you really are interested then sure - a mechanic would definately come in handy (especially seeing as it looks like its now going to be done on KTMs...)
'00 Ducati 748 Biposto
'89 Honda Camino (The Adventure Moped)
leesbian is offline   Reply With Quote