Your test run will answer a lot of your questions.
I'll send a pic of my setup as it currently exists.
1. The eletrosport stator is supposedly good for 270 watts, this also replaces your wiring harness - (weak link).
2. I'm with the other guys here; I don't see a need to beef up the subframe. Hell anyone can weld aluminum (if needed), even in the middle of nowhere. Disconnect battery first.
Link to rear bag - http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...xpRearBag.html
Link to tank bag - http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...xpTankBag.html
Each are waterproof, no cover BS.
3. No need to change seat pan with Acerbis 6.6 tank. I have one. Fits perfect.
4. Use cush drive wheel from 05' Adventure, fits perfect. I have one. $650 US...need the number of the dealer, I'll give it to you. Unless you're some super dakar/baja stud I don't foresee bending the stock rim (Behr). FWIW the cush drive is cheaper than a tranny and more convienent in the middle of nowhere.
5. Buy the expensive parts used.....new Scotts dampners routinely go for $250 on eBay. Your exchange rate will kill the price.
6. I have heavier fork springs for the tank. Full fuel load didn't change a thing other than breaking.
7. Use the clutch lever adjuster for the front brake lever to gain more feel or feel at all.
8. I wouldn't get hung up on oil changes. 1000 mi on one and the oil looks new, kept for 2K.
jimeconomou must have been banned or something as he is no longer a user.
Basically, lots of good info here (site). I'd do you pre-run then hash out the problems.
Need part numbers or any other junk let me know. Pics to follow.