Originally Posted by vuugti
Your test run will answer a lot of your questions.
I'll send a pic of my setup as it currently exists.
1. The eletrosport stator is supposedly good for 270 watts, this also replaces your wiring harness - (weak link).
2. I'm with the other guys here; I don't see a need to beef up the subframe. Hell anyone can weld aluminum (if needed), even in the middle of nowhere. Disconnect battery first.
Link to rear bag - http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...xpRearBag.html
Link to tank bag - http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...xpTankBag.html
Each are waterproof, no cover BS.
3. No need to change seat pan with Acerbis 6.6 tank. I have one. Fits perfect.
4. Use cush drive wheel from 05' Adventure, fits perfect. I have one. $650 US...need the number of the dealer, I'll give it to you. Unless you're some super dakar/baja stud I don't foresee bending the stock rim (Behr). FWIW the cush drive is cheaper than a tranny and more convienent in the middle of nowhere.
5. Buy the expensive parts used.....new Scotts dampners routinely go for $250 on eBay. Your exchange rate will kill the price.
6. I have heavier fork springs for the tank. Full fuel load didn't change a thing other than breaking.
7. Use the clutch lever adjuster for the front brake lever to gain more feel or feel at all.
8. I wouldn't get hung up on oil changes. 1000 mi on one and the oil looks new, kept for 2K.
jimeconomou must have been banned or something as he is no longer a user.
Basically, lots of good info here (site). I'd do you pre-run then hash out the problems.
Need part numbers or any other junk let me know. Pics to follow.
Excellent! lots of useful info there... would love to see pictures of the Wolfman expedition stuff... I like the idea that its waterproof, but both bags look bigger than the other wolfman ones previously recommended.
270 watt stator is on shopping list, as is the Acerbis tank.
With the Scotts damper, do I need any other kit with it? triple clamp? bar adaptors? I've seen pictures of it, but I dont understand how it works - its way different to a steering dampener on a sports bike!
I'm buying stuff this week - Wolfman luggage (once I've decided which ones), HT oil cooler, 270w stator, 22L Acerbis tank, TT mounting for GPS, and Renazco seat
In the meantime I'll look on Ebay for the rest...