Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #98
leesbian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuugti
Stu,
Ok, part numbers.

'05 Adv rear wheel complete - 582 10 00 11 44 30 has been changed to '06 wheel. Same thing.

Sprocket carrier - 583 100 50 144

Dampners - 546 10 45 9 000

Leesbian -
Find the dampner first. Scotts is very specific with their mount and the position of your handle bars (1 through 4). You must know this before you order your stuff from them. Bolt-on post mount is the way to go.....unless you like welding to the frame.

Pics of Wolfman Luggage - rear bag mounted for pic.
Excellent. Thanks (again!)

Will phone my local dealer in the morning to get a price on the rear wheel... what year is your bike? or would a better question be, do you know the part numbers (on your bike) that these replacements for? (I can find out what the part numbers for my bike are in the manual). I just want to be sure that there arent any variations for different year models (and I'm pretty sure that the guys at the KTM dealers won't know about sticking an LC4 rear wheel on an EXC/MXC).

Sorry for all the questions!

The luggage you recommended looks great - I was worried cos the tank bag looked huge on the Wolfman website, but I guess it can be compressed down. I'll order those tomorrow - waterproof is definately the best idea (dont want all my gear getting wet/muddy or dusty).

I think I need to give Scotts a call - another thing I need to think about is finding heated grips that will either fit the bars I've already got, or find bars to fit whatever heated grips are available (looks like over hear the choice is limited to Oxford products). I know - heated grips on one of these bikes sounds not terrifically rock n roll, but I think on a RTW trip, they're gonna come in handy!

Going to order my Acerbis tank tonite, or first thing tomorrow...
'00 Ducati 748 Biposto
'89 Honda Camino (The Adventure Moped)
leesbian is offline   Reply With Quote