View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
It's more of a "shit I encountered in my travels" thing than a blow by blow how to. That would be hard to do anyway because of the number of variables involved in a take-off carb.
Thats cool, All I kneed is a heads up on the shit I'm likely to encounter, what rubber boots andclamps work best, how to conect TPS, how to get a good start point for the jetting, which you covered
I really didn't have any issues with the BST other than the walking speeds "snap"... or lack of it.
I mean, if you pull in the clutch a bit and wing the throttle a bit, then partially release the clutch enough to get a bit of air (but not so much you shoot off a cliff ), you can clear logs and stuff... but that's a lot of work for my left hand, even with a hydro clutch.
See, I'm the oposite, using the clutch is no worries, but the BST is what annoys me. I just had my suspension re sprung and re valved so that should reduce the bog a bit (hopefully), and lowering the float level lower will hopefully eliminate it.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is online now   Reply With Quote