View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho
I scoped out a location for the O2 sensor on the right side of the midpipe. I should be installing that tomorrow.
I was think WTF does he need that for, till I read the rest.

I wanted a full set of needles to work with but the ones I ordered don't fit correctly, so I only have OEM to work with. Hopefully that will get me somewhat close to correct AFR. That's the most important part, and the reason I'm going back to the BST. I want to dial it in to a reasonable mixture with the jet4power meter. Honestly I have no idea what the stock settings will look like on the meter.

The needle I am using is the one sommer KTM recomend. Unfortunately they file the # off it (so people cannot buy them any where else?).
BST40 mods:

* grose-jet instead of useless float needle valve system
* dial-a-jet installed onto airbox boot
* bore divider on intake side
* loaded's fuel mixture screw

Sounds like quite a project.

But Man, I won't be doing all that to the BST, I just want it to stop boging when hitting obtacles and jumping.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote