View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #128
Giuseppe
Medium-Viz

Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant
Has anyone tried the Wingletts with the ZTechnik standard windshield? According to their website it is:

Z2242 H: 16.00" (40.6cm) W: 16.00" (40.6cm) at top; 18.00" (45.7cm) at bottom
Stock H: 14.38" (36.5cm) W: 12.00" (30.5cm)

Rodney
I've got the standard (not the fancy-boy adjustable) Z-Technik windscreen and the BMW winglets installed in the OEM position. It's a definite improvement over the stock setup. I had the Z-T screen for a year or so before adding the winglets. The screen alone only worked well in the most rearward (flattest) position. Any higher and the buffeting came back. Since adding the winglets, I've noticed less buffeting and turbulence. However, there is more perceived noise around my helmet. If I duck down a couple of inches, my head gets into a nice quiet zone. This makes me think that my next purchase will be the Givi, for its extra height. I still keep the Z-T screen in the most rearward position, as there's more noise and turbulence as I raise it up. FWIW, I'm 5'9" w/a 30" inseam. I've got the 12GS w/a BMW low seat and I wear a Shoei RF-1000 helmet. Hope this helps. If the Givi works out, I'll probably have a Z-T screen for sale. PMs welcome...
Giuseppe is offline   Reply With Quote