View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #131
DirtMerchant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe
I've got the standard (not the fancy-boy adjustable) Z-Technik windscreen and the BMW winglets installed in the OEM position. It's a definite improvement over the stock setup. I had the Z-T screen for a year or so before adding the winglets. The screen alone only worked well in the most rearward (flattest) position. Any higher and the buffeting came back. Since adding the winglets, I've noticed less buffeting and turbulence. However, there is more perceived noise around my helmet. If I duck down a couple of inches, my head gets into a nice quiet zone. This makes me think that my next purchase will be the Givi, for its extra height. I still keep the Z-T screen in the most rearward position, as there's more noise and turbulence as I raise it up. FWIW, I'm 5'9" w/a 30" inseam. I've got the 12GS w/a BMW low seat and I wear a Shoei RF-1000 helmet. Hope this helps. If the Givi works out, I'll probably have a Z-T screen for sale. PMs welcome...
Giuseppe,

Thanks for the input, that's the same shield I was asking about. I'm a little 5'11" with 32" inseam, i'm using the standard seat set with front high and rear low using a Nolan flip lid. My experiance is similar as your's relative to buffeting and noise. I think I may give these a shot, worse is tht I end up with some extra holes....

rodney
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote