View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #25
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,020
Funny thing - When I got into serious LD riding I saw Peter Hoogeveen's Honda Blackbird IBR bike and I saw the Mayer saddle on it. I went to the wrong Mayer and got one of Rick's saddles made. It was OK at first but they were really disorganized - I was still gettting production dates for my seat after it was back on my bike. The seat did not hold up and he was impossible to get ahold of - the seat took far longer to build as I recall than he stated and the raincover was a piece of crap it looked like a shower cap at best and fit about as well as one.

My wife bought a new bike and needed a saddle so we rode down to Rich's in Seattle. I was so impressed with what he did that he rebuilt my Rick Meyer saddle the same day. I was shurprised to see the quality fo the material he used in my seat it was just crap comapred to what Rich was doing on my wife's bike.

Since then I have had 4 saddles built by Rich and Susan has had 2 done. We get a new bike and immediately make an appointment for a ride in seat fitting.

Funny Story my first Rich's seat off my 1150 GS I sent to a friend when I bought an Adventure with the comment "ride on it for a week then send me a cheque for $300.00 if you like it, otherwise I will pay to have it shipped back".

2 days later I get the message "You are an A**h*le the check is in the mail, that seat now has over 100K miles on it and still looks new

I have 50K miles on my latest Rich's seat and it has been a source of bottom joy since day one. Rich has tweaked a few seats for us as they settled down over time or our riding position changed (all at no charge). During the IBR a lot of us had Rich's seats and no one I know had any issues. Rich builts about 2500 seats a year out of his shop. I highly recommend him to all ADV Riders
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote